Monday, June 28

Bloomin Marvellous


While I was in New York for 3 weeks
Nature was busy
and the garden is looking so wonderful

White Lupins, Lady's Mantle, Fennel, Flowering Sage
a yellow flower I have no idea what it is (do you?)
and lots of weeds


Lady's Mantle, Fennel, Delphinium.........buttercups!

Roses

and white Peony beside blood red Astrantia
I liked this so much that it was the inspiration for a small bouquet for a friend


I will have no outdoor space in New York
I will miss picking posies
and tending to it, planning and waiting and being surprised
A garden has taught me to have patience, trust and faith.

So I hereby declare 
Universe!
I would like a garden in NYC 


6 comments:

  1. WOw, tremendous. YOu should do a huge blow up of the first and paste in on a bloomin' Brooklyn wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such BEAUTIFUL flowers. I see exactly why you'll miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen
    what a stunning garden... i must admit i am really enjoying reading all about your adventures, your tales and pictures are so inspiring.
    Wishing you and your men lots of luck, adventure and love in NYC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful garden I would never want to leave it!!!
    xoxo

    http://www.thewardrobewars.blogspot.com (fellow Irish bloggers - take a look, we'd love your feedback)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yellow flower is Lysimachia punctata. Your garden, cat and I miss you terribly. I enjoyed your incredible crop of apples a great deal though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails